Thursday, May 19, 2011

Heather Bailey Fabric Quilt Using a Framed Block Pattern - Part One

So here is the first real quilt I made. After that first view of the quilt I saw on Etsy made with Heather Bailey fabric I couldn't get it out of my head. I should say thank you to the person who actually made the quilt as she was kind enough to list the actual designer of the fabric she used.  Without that information I don't think I could have gotten very far.
So in the following days  I returned to the Etsy page showing photos of that particular quilt again and again.  I added that page to my favorites and started planning how I might be able to actually make a similar quilt.  I managed to find and order the material at Heather Bailey's website.  Here is the link for those who are interested in looking at her wonderful fabrics. http://www.heatherbaileystore.com/
Next I started looking for "framed block patterns" on the internet and found some that I could modify to make the quilt I wanted.  I was most worried about cutting the pieces correctly and sewing them together in a consistant manner so that everything look right and even.  Thats when I discovered cutting mats & rulers, rotary cutters and a 1/4" sewing foot.  Suddenly making this quilt seemed so much easier.

The quilting world has advanced and there are so many cool tools to help you find your way!
VDKV5DRX5N5D

1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous! I'm always in awe of people who can quilt! Thanks for linking up at the Sassy Sites Free For All party! When you get a chance, come back by and see what we've done for the American Crafter's competition... and maybe vote for us too! *wink*

    xoxo!
    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete